Friday, November 25, 2011

2011: First Winter CSA Box

As a kid, I used to watch Monte Hall on "Let's Make a Deal."  He would stand there bemusedly, patiently holding his microphone, while contestants literally would jump up and down, going seriously delirious just to have the opportunity  to choose "one of the three doors where Carol is now standing!"

At the time, I was somewhat puzzled that people could behave so in public.  But last Tuesday I definitely had the urge to do a little dance on the sidewalk when I picked up my first Winter CSA box.  It's nice to know the simple things in life can still thrill:   turnips, cabbage, beets, squashes, cranberries, tomatoes, braising greens, salad greens, and radishes.  All insanely fresh.

3 comments:

  1. The contents of that box would make we want to do a dance (especially those cranberries).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up with a friend, and we're splitting the box! After seeing the first one, I'm so glad we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am too selfish to split. We use it all!

    ReplyDelete