Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leek, Pear and Goat Cheese Tart


Ever since making Onion, Apple and Goat Cheese Tart, the variation with leeks and pears has been on my mind. It is just as good as the apple/onion version. If forced to choose which is better, I honestly could not. They're both wonderful.
_________________________________________
LEEK, PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE TART

This recipe with the following replacements:

2 slightly underripe Bosc pears, for the apples
2 large or 4 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced 1/4-inch thick, for the onion (about 4 cups raw sliced leeks)
Increase thyme from 1 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Seeing as I just invited a neighbor into lunch this coming Monday and I don't have a clue what to serve, it occurs to me that this tart might be just The Thing! I'm "into" leeks for the first time in my life, and lovin' em. Thanks. I'll keep you posted on the success of my tart, another item I hardly ever try making. Bought a nice pan a while ago too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You can also bake it in a pie crust, or lay a sheet of pastry across the top. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete