Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crossing the Winter CSA Finish Line: Box Twelve!

Salad greens, hearty chives, radishes, spinach, more of those peppery greens, and leeks. What with the nice weather and more going on, I haven't been too creative of late, but I am thinking about using those exotic greens in the Bye-Bye Winter Pie again, and perhaps tossing the leeks in, too. The salad greens will be served with a fresh vinaigrette tomorrow for a special dinner, as will some of the asparagus, roasted with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce.

The Winter CSA has been a marvelous adventure. As for the blog, I think our local farmers' markets will provide much raw material (!) for new recipes and further exploration of the delights of eating locally. I hope you'll come along and explore the world of real food with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment