Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First 2010 Farmer's Market Visit


The Pasco Wednesday market consisted of just three vendors this morning. I knew it would be a small market, and ALMOST didn't go. But one of the things I can do to support local farmers is simply to show up and buy their produce. And as always, I was rewarded with beautiful produce: Chard, spinach and mustard greens from Hermiston, and herb plants for my garden (parsley, rosemary, spearmint, oregano, thyme, and sage) from Buggirl's Garden.

We've had a few days of travel recently and the diet of richer foods that seems to go with that. Greens seem to naturally offset richness, and I'm looking forward to making the chard and spinach into this dish tonight. Or maybe I'll just saute them with a little olive oil and garlic. You can't go wrong with fresh, fresh greens like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment