Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This and that

Oh my gosh, I have followers! Eeek! Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. If local eating is my cause, I guess I have to not be shy about promoting it.

Catching up on some other box items ... the brioche is delicious, but after tasting it (who could resist? It was so fresh!), I froze the rest so I can be pleasantly surprised at some later meal. In future, I can order breads for my CSA box from the Burhmaster Bakery in Selah,where the brioche came from. They have whole-grain breads, too.

The lettuce mix traveled to Brewster, Washington and made a lovely salad at my mother-in-law's house the day after Thanksgiving. I'd made a little vinaigrette of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt to take along, and we drizzled that on top of the greens.

The carrots and radishes have been disappearing as crudites! And it turns out kohlrabi is delicious raw, too ... peeled and sliced. Kind of a cross between cabbage/turnip/broccoli, but with a very mild flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment